Not with DC itself. No, I love this place.
When I first entered into my school situation, I thought that the situation could not get any better. I was in a trance; surrounded by a wonderful mentor, teachers to help aplenty, and students who seemed to think I was pretty cool (they still do by the way). Sure, I knew that inner city school life would be difficult, but compared to what I imagined, this place has been heaven. In my naive eyes, the school was a place aimed to give every student the chance to succeed. The unity of the administration was impeccable, the standards explained, skills taught and implemented, and the students actively engaged in learning.
Oh how naive I was...
Not that the school does not contain any semblance of these things, its just that this week has uncovered some hidden truths. I have just realized that every situation has its downfalls. People are human and they have weaknesses. Teachers are not perfect nor is the administration. The procedures and the focus of Bell Multicultural is not the best way of doing things; it's just the way they choose to do things.
Needless to say the honeymoon is over. The reality of the imperfections contained in my school have been manifested. The situation is still great; I am still learning a ton. But the facade has been uncovered.
Let real teaching life begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to reality. It kind of stinks, but when you come to terms with it, you can begin to make the best of your situation. Keep it up! It does get better.
Post a Comment