The sites...
We went to Mt. Vernon (the home of George Washington) as a group. I had been there a long time ago but appreciated it much more this time. They just built this awesome museum about George Washington that is very interactive and fascinating (and for me to say that is incredible because I am not one for museums). I found out that George Washington wore dentures, he owned more than 300 slaves at his death, he and Martha had no children of their own, and that he was the one that started the Seven Years War (otherwise known as the French and Indian War). I loved it. However, it was bitter cold; close to zero degrees. FYI, get used to me wearing my puffy black jacket in all of these pictures. :(
Carolyn, Colleen, Amber, Kristen, Wendy and I...
Here's me with the sheep. Baaaa...
The culture...
So we went to this famous chili place called Ben's Chili Bowl on Saturday night. Supposedly Bill Clinton always ate there as well as Bill Cosby and most recently Obama. I was one of a ten white people in the whole place. It was packed with people and took us an hour to get food. Everyone was wearing Obama shirts, beenies, etc...Excitement was in the air. I really felt like I was in a completely different culture. It seriously was a party ( Michael Jackson was playing in the background)!
This video doesn't do it justice, but you may get the idea.
The social...
All of us are doing a pretty good job of making friends. With seven other girls being social, I instantly make friends with their newfound friends...it's great! So with a few of our Barlow Center friends we hit up a free concert Friday night at The Kennedy Center and saw a folk band perform.
Colleen, me, and Sean on our way to The Kennedy Center.
Then we went out to eat at this French/organic cafe place. Their Belgian hot chocolate is delicious.
This is Andrew and I pouring the chocolate into our bowl of hot milk. Fancy!
Here is the firetruck in front of the Barlow Center.
Here's a million randoms with the firemen. The firemen were not too excited to take pictures with us.
What can I say? The adventures never cease here! I love it!
3 comments:
SHEEP!!!!!
How can a history major HATE museums? I just can't comprehend it.
Yeah, I know...I just have a hard time with museums. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel...I like them more and more as I get older.
Post a Comment