I have only been in DC for two days but there are definitely some noticeable differences between my life a month ago and my life now.
Here is why DC is not like Provo:
1. I live in a penthouse in Arlington VA.
2. There is a ton of diversity. Can I just say that I love black people and I've realized how much I miss them?!
3. I take the metro or the bus to get places.
4. The idea of hanging out with people involves a future inauguration party and a concert at the Kennedy Center.
5. Obama is the biggest man to hit this place since...? I don't think there's even a comparison.
6. Men are gentleman here! Not trying to shaft the BYU gents, but these non-mormon guys know how to treat the ladies!\
7. We got asked to go to a bar with some guys for drinks. Usually that would be the equivalent of getting ice cream at the Creamery on Ninth.
8. They don't sell 1% milk (well in the two places I've gone so far). That is a sin to me. Therefore I guess I will get used to skim milk!
9. When people speak I have a hard time understanding them. Not because they don't pronouce their "t's" but because I mistook a lady asking me what color are my eyes to how many "i's" are there in Califormia. Okay, maybe not a huge difference, but I seriously have to listen closely to what people say to me.
10. It's not snowing! Whohoo!
11. The "Y" gets mistaken for Yale and not BYU.
12. The guys in our FHE group are not going into business, dentistry, or medical school. These men are dentists, are accountants and are doctors. Let me find a piece of that.
No, Toto, we are definitely not in Provo.
P.S. Pictures will come as soon as we get our internet to function!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Suzy...Don't you think pictures would have helped make you point a little stronger? Or at least given us a glimpse into the fantastic life you are currently living!
Loved your insights into your new situation. Glad you're looking at all the positives and adjusting. Enjoy the moment!
I love this! You're in a whole other world!
Post a Comment