What a whirlwind Monday and Tuesday! I felt like a zombie. It was absolutely insane with the inauguration. The streets were packed, the metro was packed and the national mall (or the grassy area between the monuments; I thought it was an actual mall) was filled to capacity. See below:

We braved the crowds and walked for about a total of 6 miles to see the inauguration. We were originally going to watch it like those folks did but we found out that the Utah Senators were holding a nice reception for all Utah citizens in the Senate building. So instead of standing outside for 4 hours in the close to zero degree weather we sat inside with hot chocolate and cookie in hand while viewing foxnews report the inauguration. That was much more pleasant. Mmm...cookies.
To bide our time before the inauguration started we played inauguration bingo. Yes, we are such Mormons. We used pretzels as markers. Go us. I am not in the picture but Meggie, Megan and Amber are.

The streets were filled with so much OBAMA. People here revere him as a savior, saint, hero, and movie star; not just the president. Here are some examples of Obama paraphernalia that I've seen since I've been here.
Obama is on a van. Meggie and Wendy pictured.

Obama is on a teddy bear

There are many more but the website won't let me post more pictures. LAME.
Anyway, bottom line is that there were beanies, ties, necklaces, paintings, pens, calendars, suckers, posters, t-shirts, ear mufflers, pins, and Obama cut outs adorning the streets of Washington DC.
This place is really Obama Nation. People love him here.
And I spent all day in the cold to be a part of history. It was exhausting.
5 comments:
Love it Susie! That is really cool to be there. Love the pics you could post.
So glad you could be there. Neat experiences!
You know, you'll always remember the experience -- maybe not all of the details but the general knowledge that you were there. That's how I feel about some of the historical things I have witnessed or recall. Great stuff!!
...I love him
There was a place for Utahns? Crazy! I am glad you are having such a wonderful time! You're not calling and begging for help, so I have to assume that you are such a natural! Keep it up.
Post a Comment