Without going into details, I found out some news yesterday that confirmed a decision I made months and months ago. Back in February I received a prompting from the Holy Ghost that seemed ridiculous. To my natural eyes, this did not make any sense to me whatsoever. I was comfortable in my current situation and the idea of change did not appeal to me. However, the prompting was so strong that I literally felt sick to my stomach because I could not accept it. However, once I acknowledged it and said, "Fine, I'll do it" (yes, I was still reluctant), it was like a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulders. That decision I made was finally put into action in September and since then, I've been content with this decision, but I had not fully realized the reasoning for it. Today I do not know the full implications of this decision, but I know more now than I did a few weeks ago as to why this decision was so good for me to make.
To sum up, I know that Heavenly Father is in charge. He knows what things we need to do to be happy. He directs our lives and will guide us in the right direction if we are willing to follow His will for each of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It is so great when we choose to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost and better yet when we find out later that he was right! I've had that happen many times and it is such a wonderful feeling. Way to go Suz!
I suppose I will actually have to call you to get the specifics, huh?
Gotta love personal revelation. What a power and force for good in our lives. - Stephen
Thanks so much, Susie, for helping with Olivia's party. She had such a fun time and was grateful for your help. Like she said on MyFamily, we would have been "toast" without your help. I'm so grateful for all of your wise comments on your blog. You're a great example to me. You go girl or as your sisters would say, "good girl" (right, Chris?)!
I want specifics, too. Whenever/ifever you want to share, you know where I is.
dear sassie and single susie-
i discovered your blog! annnd this post makes me feel joy in my heart. AND i wish we worked together more. AND i think you're really cute.
jessica
Now I'm curious. I'm glad you are blessed to know it was a right decision.
Post a Comment