Let me explain. Right now I have 2 jobs. I work at the International Studies Program Office in the Kennedy Center and I also work at the Special Collections in the Harold B. Lee Library. Allow me to explain what I do at work (Besides all of the duties that I have to do which are boring and you don't need to know about nor do you care):
The ISP Office:
- I eat candy and order candy for the internship mug
- I make beautiful decorations for holidays and birthdays with my coworker, Carrie.
- I talk to the facilitators about my social life while they eat candy. Note: facilitators help students apply for international programs, etc...
- I talk to Charisse, my coworker, about Jane Austen movies that I love and funny boy stories.
- I get to deliver balloons and learn how to work an old-school popcorn machine maker.
- I talk to Nancy and all the other travel ladies about my future life's decisions. She reassures me that my life will work out. Thanks Nancy!
- Sometimes I get to take field trips to the BYU bookstore to buy things for the office with the department card. I love manilla folders.
- I flirt with good-looking boys who ask me about ISP programs.
- I get to listen to my boss, Russ, whistle to some folk tunes.
- I tease my boss, Russ, about how I am his favorite. He usually agrees with me.
- I sometimes get to take field trips to the candy counter at the BYU bookstore where we buy chocolate with the big tips that patrons give us for working so hard.
- I eat bagels left over from the seminar room.
- When Russ blasts his music, my coworkers and I dance (much to the chagrin of my supervisor, Irene).
- I get to see cool things contained in the Special Collections: Jimmy Stewart's accordion, the original score for "Gone with the Wind," a letter written by Abraham Lincoln, a certificate signed by George Washington, the original Book of Mormon, the Oscar for the musical, "Camelot," mini books, a sword, a helmet, Kirtland bank notes signed by Joseph Smith, and the list goes on....
- My coworkers think I'm funny and that makes me happy.
- I flirt with good-looking boys who need help finding a book or a call number
Oh...and I get to go to 2 Christmas parties. How sweet is that??
2 comments:
That sounds like a blast. You get paid $8/hour to do all of that! Lucky ;D! Glad you have good co-workers...that makes such a difference.
Special collections always felt like they would only show you some of the cool stuff. How would a student convince a special collections worker to show him the accordion? That is so cool.
Two christmas parties, huh? Are you feeling the stress and pressure of bring a boy? I know I sure am...
Post a Comment