Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes you just want your mom

So my mom is currently in the Middle East...yeah, lets hope she doesn't get bombed over there. I've known about this trip for a while, 6 months at least. She's been gone like 11 days so far. She doesn't come home till next Tuesday.

Tangent for a second...I am 24 and I served a mission where I didn't see my mom for 1.5 years and I only talked to her 3 times during those 19 months. Okay, now back to what I was saying...

Anyway, I really miss my mom. More so than I ever thought. Its not so much that I haven't seen her but it's more that I don't have her available to me at the click of a button. My mom knows all the little things about my life and she cares about the obscure details. I tell her everything. Its nights like these where I want to talk to my mom, cry, tell her everything that's wrong in my life and how I feel complete and utter despair. Although she doesn't have all the answers and I know things won't change at the snap of my fingers, her words bring comfort to me.

So mom, I hope you know that your trip has made me appreciate you more. Thanks for being my shoulder to cry on, my friend, my empathizer. I feel like it should be Mother's Day. Anyway, I love you! Can't wait till you're back in the US of A.

hugs and hugs.

2 comments:

DiaNe said...

cute picture! Your mom is really something special.

Baerman said...

I really like your mom too. I miss her as well. It's the availability thing. I have to call one of my siblings on Sunday instead of her. She's the best!