With several big things not working out for me lately, I have a new-found appreciation for the little things in my life right now. These little things give me greater strength to press forward in my current circumstances and to be grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord.
Here are some little things that have made a big difference...
1. A friend texted me last night to see if I was ok. She said that she thought of me during her scripture study.
2. Hearing that people are praying for me in regards to my present situation.
3. My mom listening to me while I cried on the phone for about 30 minutes.
4. Attending Institute and listening to a lesson that I absolutely needed to hear!
5. My SmarTrip card that allows me to save 50 cents every time I go from bus to metro or metro to bus.
6. My roommate, MJ, who is as obsessed with the Sound of Music as I am. She and I watched the special features together and can't stop talking about them.
7. The cooler days and cooler nights.
8. A new bathmat in my bathroom.
9. A picture text sent by Steve of my niece, Kassie. I still have it in my phone.
10. Amazon and ebay for saving me a lot of money.
11. The opportunity to work at the Cannery yesterday afternoon for service and realize that I am so blessed that I don't have to work there for an actual job.
12. Principals and teachers who see my great potential as a teacher.
13. My home teachers for forming a "home teaching group" on gmail.
14. A friend emailing me a couple of job vacancies.
15. My roommate, Sarah, who is always willing to give me a ride to places.
16. My extra firm pillow that allows me to sleep better at night and to wake up with no soreness.
17. Feeling like I am starting to have a good set of friends out here.
18. Hugs. Lots and lots of hugs.
19. Being invited to a popular Crepe party that occurs every Conference weekend. I feel so special.
20. The knowledge that many people have been in my situation or much worse.
I could go on and on but these are just some things that have made me happy lately. These little things have sure gone a long way in maintaining my sanity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kass kept her hair in until after her naps. I couldn't believe it. Glad you loved it!
So glad you enjoyed it. It kind of came to me out of the blue to send it to you. We love you and pray for you.
oh, i think you're leaving out an important piece of the puzzle: an ode to your one and only sarah J!! nah, this list sounds fabulous as is...i should do something like this. great idea!
Post a Comment