Thursday, March 3, 2011

Proud to be a BYU Cougar

And I'm not just saying that because everyone is getting "Jimmered."

Nor am I just saying that because BYU took a stand for truth and righteousness right before some vital pre-NCAA playoffs.

I am proud of both of those things, but here's the real reason:

I love that having attended BYU brings a good name and impression. It seems like in the last few weeks people have asked me where I have gone to school and of course, mentioning BYU automatically leads to a discussion about the Church. Like today, one of my colleagues pulled me aside and asked me about the honor code. He was amazed what I told him and had more admiration when we parted ways.

Sure, we didn't win the Conference. Sure, we probably won't win anything big in the NCAA playoffs (though I would like my faith to move that mountain.)

Yet, I am glad that as I associate myself with BYU, I am also associated with being a Mormon. And I like being a Mormon (go to www.mormon.org).

So, go BYU. Even if we never win anything, thank you for winning over some of those folks who may learn a thing or two about the Gospel as a result of the Jimmer nation.

Go Cougs!

No comments: