Friday, March 25, 2011

Gearing up for Guatemala

So it's official. This summer I bound for Guatemala. I was just accepted to be volunteer in one of their villages; building homes, teaching, and helping in whatever way possible to build the community and teach life skills.

To say I'm psyched would be an understatement. I am ecstatic to do this. I have always dreamed of having an opportunity to use my time, money, and talents to aid those in need. Also, after teaching about the Mayas, Aztecs and Incas, I actually get to go to their place of heritage. So so cool.

Yay for service. And yay for summer vacations that allow me to leave for a period of time.

More updates to follow, I'm sure.

In case you forgot where Guatemala is, here ya go. It's the country in the light pink. ;)


Service that I'll be participating in. Woot.

Cute kids to meet and serve. So exciting.

This will be awesome.

4 comments:

Shane and Zandy said...

That's SO exciting Suz! What part of Guatemala are you going to? Shane served his mission there and maybe he could give you a few tips! I hope all is well with you! We need to catch up soon!

Julie with sticktoitkids.com said...

Woo-hoo! What an amazing opportunity for you, Susie! I'm so excited for you, especially after hearing about N & A's experiences in Mexico. It will truly be unforgettable!!!

Joanna said...

That will be quite a trip! I'm excited to hear all about it when you get back. You get to do the coolest things.

Kathryn said...

Hooray for Suz! do you know when you are leaving yet? What a great summer you will have!