Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Midwinter Funk

So even with a lot of good things to celebrate, I am currently in my"midwinter funk" stage.

I get this way every January/February. I start feeling restless, anxious, a desire to change, a feeling of needing to be better, a time when I want to be focusing outward but instead turn inward and contemplates my current situation in life. The cold makes me want to hibernate as I have little desire to be social. There's not much to look forward to and spring break just sounds so far away. The school year is half way over and I start to wonder if I can make it to spring. Looking back on the last 7 or 8 years, I think I have been in this funk every winter to some degree or another.

Does anyone else get this way this time of year? I am in a funk. I need to be funk-less.

3 comments:

Adriana said...

I am in the same boat. Looking at the calendar, I am not really feeling third quarter...

The Stutz Family said...

ME ME!! I get the same way every winter! And living in Utah doesn't help. I can't remember when the temperature was above freezing! Hang in there! If you got through it in past years, you'll get through it again this year. :)

Sarah Johnson said...

i am so, completely funk-i-fied... it's nuts. it always happens!! but thank goodness for good peeps to eat doughnuts with... i hear it totally helps.