This week has been a great week. A week like this makes me want to shout "Hallelujah" to the teaching gods. Here's why:
- It's the start of the 3rd Advisory (quarter) and so I feel at this point that the students know me, understand how I work, and I know them better. I keep the same kids all year and that is such a blessing because I can continue to foster a relationship with them.
- We had a snow day. It never hurts to NOT be at work, right?
- I have a student teacher working with me. She is the bomb.com and we get so much done together. When I teach she will grade and help needy students and when she teaches I do the same. I am all caught up with my grading, when does that ever happen? Almost never.
- I switched seats and arranged my seats differently. Note to self: 9th graders need to be facing towards the teacher. In a semicircle spells "You are nuts." Now that they face me, and not each other, they are WAY more focused. Plus, I put my needy kids next to some very self-sufficient kids. Brilliant, they can help each other! God bless assigned seats!
- Problem students are starting to show signs of progress. They are coming in to see me, we talk, we are civil, and there is hope that they can pass this quarter.
- We are moving on to the Middle Ages/Renaissance. Info I know about. Yes.
- We are going on a field trip in 2 weeks to the Library of Congress. I am excited for them to see the Mesoamerica exhibit.
2 comments:
What a fun teacher you are.
hold on tightly to these moments. Because when they go away, sometimes we forget that they are existent and worth teaching for.
Post a Comment