So all around UCSB I saw peeps riding these cruisers. I have a coveting problem now.
Monday, October 19, 2009
West Coastin' it in Santa Barbara
I just returned from a quick jaunt to Santa Barbara, CA. My best friend from High School, Kathleen, got married to a handsome Turk. And wow, do they know how to celebrate a wedding! I enjoyed the 24 hours that I was in Southern California. Beautiful sunshine, beach, and surfers. I am reminded why California is so gorgeous! However, I did come back with the realization that I really love the east and am VERY happy living in DC right now. More on that later...
So all around UCSB I saw peeps riding these cruisers. I have a coveting problem now.
And a campus right off the coast? Holy cow. I will admit that I am more of a mountain girl than a beach girl. Good thing I went to school in Utah.
Eighty degrees. Holler!
I just had to throw this in here.
Gangsta' goes west coast.
I was trying to do Karate Kid. But I got this instead. Whatevs.
I recruited some of my old Piedmont pals to do Karate Kid with me. Denise in the middle is doing the Karate chop.
I think this is a cool pic.
Walking along the coast.
Contemplating life's mysteries.
I took a picture of the surfers. They waved at me. I felt giddy.
More surfer dudes walking our way. Bow chicka bow wow. (That's for you, Erin).
The Santa Barbara Mission. Very historical.
With the fountain.
Lillypads.
And me!
I never saw a car decorated like this before! Don't get any ideas, peeps!
Kathleen and her man, Cagdas (Cha-dosh). Beautiful couple. Ps. He sure knows how to dance! Remind me to marry a foreign man.
Marissa, Denise, and I. Old High School buddies.
Hooray for In-N-Out.
I devoured this.
At the reception. They are so cute.
Don't you worry...I danced the night away. Definitely the highlight of the evening. Mom, we're for sure dancing at my wedding.
Kath got her groove on.
Piedmont friends reunite. I haven't seen most of these people in 6 years.
Such a fun 24 hours. Congrats Kathleen!
So all around UCSB I saw peeps riding these cruisers. I have a coveting problem now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad you had a good time. Love the pictures. Love old friends...
Yeah. There WILL be dancing! I'll personally see to it! And In-N-Out :)
What a great time! Hope your week is going well. xoxo
Post a Comment