If you ever come to DC, you have to come to Old Town Alexandria. I only live 15 minutes away and it's a quaint place with oh so much history. Of course I love it! I did some touring of the town yesterday with my roommate, Sarah, (she and I have been a tag team lately) and our friend, Ian (He used to be in the BYU 1st Stake. Small world!).
Here are some of the delightful sights of Old Town.
Cool Buildings...looking colonial and patriotic.


History. Lovin' it.

We went into this tobacco shop and I asked the guy at the front to tell me the history. Basically, he told me the building had been there since the 1700's. Scottish people settled Alexandria and one of the first crops? Tobacco. Of course, tobacco, because then the colonists all died because they planted no food. Bummer.

Indians. Or, I should say Native Americans (with Sarah).

Old Town pride...


And in case you wanted to stick Hilary Clinton's head down a toilet, now you can if you buy this toilet brush at one of the tourist shops we saw in Old Town. Haha. (There was also an Osama-bin-Ladin toilet brush too. People are so clever).

Boats. Lots of boats.

Check out the wooden door and the pirate flag.

Sarah is awkwardly showing us the sights.

And you gotta get a few glamor shots in...

Ian.

Ian checking out Sarah. I caught him.

Candid laughter.

Trying to be serious.

The three of us. Ahhhhhh cute.

Fun in Old Town=Loving life in the DC area.
2 comments:
Hey! We know the same person. Tell Sarah "hi"! Looks like you're having tons of fun in DC. Congrats on the new job!
looks like a total drag :)
Post a Comment