Sunday, August 16, 2009

I leaped...and miracles occurred!

Well people, I made the leap. If you recall my blog post, "A Huge Leap of Faith" I discussed my soon-to-be move to Washington DC. And now I am here! I have made the leap of faith and it has turned out better than expected.

I was so nervous that week leading up to the move and the first few days here were hard, but the Lord has provided many miracles for me.

Miracle #1: The miracle of the move.
Holy cow! I can't even begin to explain how many moving miracles have occurred since Tuesday. My friend Jenny who picked me up from the airport totally took me shopping after my arrival so I could get things for the room and food for the belly. I got a free dresser, free bed, a desk and chair for a cheap price. Almost strangers have picked things up for me in distant towns. Jeff and Tiffany took me to Target to get more things for the room and countless people have offered me rides. I feel so blessed.

Miracle #2: The miracle of roommates.
I chose the place to live basically because the Spirit told me to. I had no idea who I would live with, but I figured I would be okay because I can get along with almost anybody. My roommates are awesome. They're hilarious, down-to-earth, and desire to be righteous. What more do I need? They will be a great support to me here.

Miracle #3: The miracle of friends
I had a few good friends out here already, but other friends have come out of the wood work. My good friends have invited me over for outings in the city and such. Other people from the ward have reached out to me and told me how excited they are that I am back. I feel like I will fit in here quite easily. (And I have never felt so popular before! This is new to me.)

Miracle #4: The miracle of a solid job lead
I don't want to get into too many details, because I still don't know if this job will work out, but I do have an interview (tomorrow) and I am really excited about it. But even if it doesn't work out, I feel confident that other opportunities will arise. Here's hoping and praying!

Miracle #5: The miracle of the dinner
My roommate had a friend in town from Utah that she's been hosting. Since she had a date last night she asked if I could be this guy's tour guide. I said I would...heck, I didn't have plans! So we end up walking around all the monuments last night and he ended up treating me for dinner...a really really nice dinner. Dang Gina. Anyway, no romance but good conversation, food, and sights. I am definitely not in Provo anymore.

The future is still unknown and things may no turn out how I would like. However, these miracles have given me hope that things will work out...somehow. The Lord is aware of us and He provides miracles if we just act in faith. I have seen the fruits of that and know that He truly is a God of miracles.

Here's to making the leap!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

so happy for you that things are working out so nicely. Can't wait to hear about the interview. Fingers crossed (and a few prayers too!)

Joanna said...

I was so happy and smiley reading your blog post. It's great to hear that this move has been such a good experience so far, Ms. Pop-u-lar (*music sing in background from Wicked). Hugs!