My life is like a puzzle. I am trying to fit the pieces together to make a beautiful, landscaped picture.
The border of my puzzle represents the foundational aspects of my life: the Gospel, my family, the Savior, Heavenly Father, my education, etc...Those pieces are fairly stable.
However, I am trying to put together the blue sky of my life and it's harder to do. There are no edges and no other colors to indicate where the pieces should fit. Even if I follow the picture that comes with my puzzle, I still cannot discern which blue and white piece fits where. Frustration ensues as I think that some blue pieces should fit next to others but as much as I try to force the pieces together, it is not the right piece. So I set aside that piece and try again with a new piece. And another piece. And another piece. Sometimes I work on other parts of the puzzle that I can see more clearly and I put those pieces together. However, I know that I ultimately have to go back to the blue sky. But the angst, anxiety, and frustration continue until, miraculously, I find a piece that fits in my blue sky. Happy, I return to the blue sky with more enthusiasm as I see the picture becoming a little more clear.
At this moment I am stuck in the blue sky and I don't know how my pieces will come together for me. At random times, some of the pieces come together and I am making a little more progress on my puzzle. Optimistically, I carry forward with my puzzle masterpiece, hoping that more pieces will fit as I stay persistent. I have to be careful, though, not to get too overanxious. When I am anxious I try to force pieces together that are not the right fit. At times I forget that these pieces, when they meet their correct match, fit together so nicely and so easily. No effort is necessary in putting the right pieces together. It happens naturally.
Yet, I feel like I am drowning in the sky; not knowing how the pieces will come together and not knowing when the pieces will finally fit. I am looking forward to that time when more of my blue pieces will start to look like the sky and, ultimately, when my life will start to make more sense.
Maybe it will take a few more months, maybe a few more years. Realistically, it will probably take a lifetime or even eternity to construct my blue sky. In the meantime, I have to keep trying to put the blue pieces together.
I can't give up on my blue sky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
every line of this post is beautifully-written. Very symbolic. I'd never thought of it this way, but I will now!
Wow, you are so symbolic in your reasoning. It will work for you sweetie.
"Blue skies, smiling at me. Nothing but blue skies, do I see." Those blue skies with all the unknowns, can represent adventure and independence.
Good luck with that puzzle...
not exacly, but almost reminds me of this song i posted a while back. maybe you'll appreciate it
Losing Sleep
keep on keepin on, suz.
ps - im still alive, really.
Post a Comment