Tuesday, October 14, 2008

D.C. doesn't know what's hitting em'


So I found out last Thursday that I have been accepted to the Washington D.C. student teaching program through BYU. I know, I'm a little delayed in reporting this wonderful news. However, life is busy and it has not occupied my thoughts as much as my next homework assignment that is due.

So, here we will celebrate. HOORAY! I am pretty excited about it actually. There have been 8 of us selected to go. We will live in a penthouse called Crystal Towers right in the heart of D.C. ohhhh. They say that out of all of our BYU housing arrangements, this will be the nicest and it's for a pretty reasonable cost! Not too shabby. We student teachers will teach in one of two schools in the inner city. Yeah, a lot of people are scared for me. I, however, am not. I'll let you know about the fear factor when I get there. Along with teaching history, we will be able to see some sights along the east coast: Harper's Ferry, Gettysburg, Jamestown, etc...it will be great to see these places through the eyes of a history teacher.

In conclusion, I am really psyched about this upcoming adventure. It will be tough, I know. But from past experience, when I do hard things, I am always grateful. Bring on the hard. I can do hard things!

1 comment:

DiaNe said...

It will be scary, but you can worry about that later. For now, celebrate! I know you'll be great!