Saturday, December 3, 2011

I was crazy enough to do it again!

For the second time, I did it again! "It" = half marathon.

This one went so much better too! I ran the entire time without stopping at a 10 minute mile pace. My overall time was 2:14 which definitely surpassed my expectations.

I enjoyed running the half marathon in beautiful Annapolis, MD with my beautiful friends: Kathryn, Michele, and Morgan. We basked in the serenity of historic Annapolis and I loved my thinking time. Besides my body aching for a few days, I actually felt really good.

1 year ago I ran my first half which did not go well and as I reflect on the past year, I realize how many things have changed for the better. Yes, weighing 30 pounds less definitely helps!

We rock this half, especially in spandex!

Me, Kathryn, Morgan, Michele after the race.

Giving myself a thumbs up...

Too bad we couldn't find older men in uniform. Oh well...

Beautiful Annapolis!

Who knows, I may be crazy enough do a 3rd!

2 comments:

McKayJoice said...

Um, ok, you look amazing.
This is WONDERFUL.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You look great!