Monday, August 1, 2011

Playing "hard to get" hasn't gotten me anywhere


It has been a while since I've posted about the single life and so I don't disappoint, here I am writing down another realization. More Guatemala pics will come too, in case you are all wondering!

Lately I have learned a huge lesson in regards to my dating life. Now, I'm a big believer that just like everyone has different learning styles, people also have different dating styles. For a long time, I think I tried to fit the "enigma" style. You know, be that girl that is mysterious, hard to get a hold of, pretends she doesn't see the guys she's interested, etc...In my BYU years I had seen so many guys fall for girls like that and it worked out for them. And silly me, I thought I could just follow in those footsteps and I would find success.

WRONG. Think again, Suz.

While that may have worked for some people, it has NEVER worked for me. Trust me, I tried that route-diligently-for at least a solid year. It didn't work with my style. You see, I'm just a friendly, outspoken, straight forward, kind of girl and pretending to be "hard to get" has led me to absolutely.no.success.

Now, my approach is different. I'm daring to be bold, to be honest, to be straight forward, and to be completely sincere. In case any of you "Rules" girls are out there, don't worry, I'm totally placing the ball in the guy's court too, it's a beautiful balance. But you know what? Letting a guy know that I'm interested has done me a lot of good in the last 7 months. Maybe there's not a true success story yet, but I have a good feeling that my success story is coming soon.

So if you're single like me, rethink you're approach. It may not be a bad idea to be more proactive. And yes, I will dare to say it...playing "hard to get" is a complete hoax.

And if you're married, I hope you enjoyed the entertainment.

The end.

No comments: