Saturday, December 26, 2009

Tradition, Tradition!

The Christmas Nativity play resumed its regular traditional role in my family. How I love this tradition! I don't know if it's the fact that I get to play dress-up, or the crying kids, or the all-important fact that we get to celebrate the birth of the Savior. Whatever it is, I am glad that the nativity play continues as our Christmas Eve tradition.

Singing around the piano in parts. We sounded dang good.

Watching "Garfield's Christmas,"a personal favorite of mine.

Don't worry, Anna does like me.

Nicole and Anna. Sisters; not mother and daughter.


Olivia and Adam. How I enjoy my teenage niece and nephew.

Joseph was a cow again; this time he wore the costume the whole time. Go Jo-Jo.

Shepherds, wisemen, Mary.
Angel Emma.
Jenny with her youngins'

This is so adorable. Adam will be a cute dad someday...in the way future.

Ben and I
Son and mother. Presh.
Sisters, Sisters. I love my sisters. Missed you Kath.

Gangsta' finds her way to Utah.

Getting all set up

2 baby Jesus's...at one time we had 4.

Here's 3.
Opening presents.

Story: These dolls were made by my wonderful mother. She originally made them 25 years ago and we have asked her when she would make them for us. Well she finally made them. She made 6 sets for her children. I have such a great mom.

4 of us with the dolls. We were all teary and surprised.

Here's a closer look. Yep, she made them completely from scratch.

How I love traditions and better yet, surprises!

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

That was precious, Susie. You had a packed house as well. Hope you had a very merry Christmas!

Kathryn said...

Beautiful post! Thanks for putting up the pictures of everyone. I almost felt like I was there! You all looked great and looks like you had a fun fun time! Miss you!

Jen said...

aww. those dolls are super cute, i bet you were suprised that you got them too.. I love traditions like that!