Sunday, June 7, 2009

I was never meant to be a camper

...But I sure try! I went camping with my old roommates and old ward members over a week ago up in Provo Canyon. It was definitely a fun experience but sleeping out in the open on a hard rock has never been my cup of hot chocolate. Sure, you can call me a whimp.

Here are the highlights:

Eating homemade salsa...mmmm



















Ricks can play the guitar



















Satyra tried














I tried even harder and failed...I even failed at looking cool in this picture.














Sam and I. She's cool.














Satrya and Emma with powdered sugar before gulping it and breathing it into the fire; not my idea but supposedly it's a camper's trick. Satrya looks like a creeper. haha.



















Breathing powdered sugar into the fire.



















Adrienne looks like an Asian tourist, except for the powdered sugar part.



















Future profile picture? I look hot, don't I? I don't think I can do anything without making a mess.



















The fire that burned to keep us alive. Dramatic aren't I?



















That's a smore in my mouth.














Luckily I had smores and powdered sugar to keep me entertained enough so that sleeping on a rock was survivable for one night.

Happy Camping!

3 comments:

john said...

Looks like your friend is about to kiss you on the cheek (in the last picture).

DiaNe said...

LOVE smores! But you already knew that.

Sarah Johnson said...

I loved the one with you and the powdered sugar on yo face. please use that as a fb profile shot. please!! happy camping!