Thursday, June 25, 2009

Done and Ready

DONE.
...with feeling second best
...pulling teeth for people to hang out with me
...being the friend that always initiates
...being the friend that always reciprocates
...caring for people who don't really care for me
...putting energy towards someone that doesn't put energy towards me
...having friends that do not fully appreciate me
...worrying about why I am not good enough for others
...being the convenient friend
...having "unsafe" friends
...trying to control how others feel about me
...having unrealistic and unmet expectations
...thinking that I am not pretty enough, spiritual enough, smart enough...
...trying to change myself to make/keep friends
...with lame people in general

READY.

To purge myself of these things and start fresh.

I am young. I am beautiful. I am good enough. I am smart. I am capable. I deserve "safe," kind, loving, loyal, and appreciative friends. I am ready to find them, keep them, and rid myself of those who do not appreciate all of me. I will not budge.

Hear me roar.

Raaaaaaaarrrrrrrr.

(Diane, thank you for inspiring this blog, you know why! :)

1 comment:

DiaNe said...

WE ARE STRONG! NO ONE CAN TELL US WE'RE WRONG!

This blog post and my blog post should start dating. You hit every nail on the head and I think women should read this blog post, print it out, place it on their bathroom mirrors, and read it every morning. While cranking up "Love is a Battlefield". I will!