Saturday, April 18, 2009

Return to the Big Apple part ?

So my time in DC ended over a week ago, but I decided to go to New York afterwards to visit the Newmans. I have been to NY many times, but I simply just can't get enough of it.

I can't get enough of these AMAZING cupcakes. Okay, lets face the facts. I am not the biggest cake lover but these cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery=heaven. They put the good frosting on too...not just the fluffy whipped cream stuff...I'm talking sugar. Oh and the cake itself was blissfully moist. Moral of the story: Go to Magnolias!



I can't get enough of Central Park and hot chocolate...



I can't get enough of potential facebook profile pictures. I like this one.



Or this one...(I still like the other one better though)




I can't get enough of hanging out with Kath and having fun photo shoots in Central Park!



I can't get enough of Singin' in the Rain pictures. The best part-no rain!


I can't get enough of random bush statues in the park. Who doesn't like bunnies? Or Easter? mmmm...Easter candy.



I can't get enough of Broadway musicals! This time I saw South Pacific with Kathryn. Loved it! I want a Frenchman myself. Bring it on.



I can't get enough of cool historical sites like the Tenement Museum! Freak! This place is awesome. They have restored old apartments of immigrants from the 1850s-1930s and the tour guide tells their stories. I know I am a history major and I am supposed to love this stuff but I will tell you that there are not many museums that I like all that much (gasp, I know), but this one is definitely a must-see!



I can't get enough of the Merry-go-round at Central Park. I am a kid at heart (I love fruit snacks too)




I can't get enough of my cute nephew, Sammy! What a doll!




I can't get enough of myself...haha...I'm so full of it...no, really, I can't get enough of the city/park feel that you get in NY. So unique.


I don't know what this expression is all about but it's different than my usual ones so I thought I'd post it. Random.



Creeper.


I can't get enough of polar bears at the Central Park Zoo. Check it.




Whoa Bessie!


I can't get enough of Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate! holy! This stuff was dang good. Up there with Magnolia's Bakery.


Kath loved it too...



Thanks for the wonderful time! Until my next Big Apple trip...

3 comments:

Liza said...

Hey beautiful girl! You saved my butt the other day! I definitely would NOT have survived without your donation to charity (I can't believe I just called myself that)! You are wonderful! I can't wait to see you tomorrow again at church (ps I didn't really tell anyone .... only a few people ... ) I love you! :)

Crystal Foy Weber said...

You have officially made me want to got to New York! I have actually heard a lot about Magnolia's Bakery, I have a goal to go there and Central Park! Your pictures are beautiful too. I personally love the singing in the rain without the rain picture as well as your fav facebook profile as well as the picture of a different expression, it is definitely model-like. I just like all your pictures...you're so fun and do fun things! On a different note, SOOOOO good to see you today and I WILL see you more this spring/summer! Love you!

DiaNe said...

you look great in the central park pictures. Hot hot. I spent three days in central park and still didn't feel like I got to see all of it!