Well folks...
I am officially done student teaching! Today was my last day at Bell Multicultural and I "passed" my observations with flying colors. It's hard to believe and I don't think it will sink in until I am back in Utah.
As I am now finished with this aspect of my life, I can't help but think that some aspects of my life are ending and other aspects of my life are now just beginning. Let me break this up for ya'll.
The end of things:
1. I just ended student teaching. Goodbye teaching under somebody else's direction and watchful care!
2. I am about to end my time in DC as an intern. :(
3. In two weeks I will no longer be a BYU student. tear.
4. I will no longer live in a SWEET penthouse.
5. I am ending my time as a pseudo adult. Allow me to explain...in the Gospel of Susie, true adulthood does not begin until one is graduated from college or married. You may refute this philosophy, but I am sticking to it.
The beginning of things:
1. I am now beginning to look for a job in this horrific economy. Pray for me!
2. I will soon (fingers crossed) begin my first year of teaching.
3. I will begin to have an actual salary. What, no more $8/hour!
4. I will be totally and completely financially independent...mom, I know you're beaming about this but please give me till September.
5. I will begin to settle in a place for more than 3 months at a time. I am so tired of living in different places every semester!
Hence, my dear blogger audience, this is truly the end of the beginning.
Oh joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WooHoo!!! You're coming home! Please stop by and visit. It looks like you had such a blast in D.C. I can't wait to hear more about your crazy exploits.
American Heritage has some job openings which I think you would be perfect for...although they ask for a couple of years experience. Darn experience!
Post a Comment