Monday, April 6, 2009

Lovin' the Cherry Blossomin'

I love DC for many reasons. However, as of late, I love it so much because of the...

Cherry Blossom Festivities!

Here's just a sneak peak. Beautiful, right??

It all started with FHE at the Jefferson Monument. We walked around and took in the beauty of the blossoms. My roommates and I...oh I love them!


The Washington Monument and I. I love it, even though it's just a long white tower!


A few days later I met up with my soulmate, Sarah J. We bonded with the blossoms.

Sarah and I with the beautiful blossoms...I adjusted the color of the picture because there were some creepy shadows.

Then we just happened to see people paddle boating and wanted to follow suit.

Here we are on the tidal basin (with the Jefferson in the back) on a freakin' paddle boat! Yah baby. The only drawback of the paddle boat excursion: me wearing a skirt and paddling at the same time. I think I probably flashed a few innocent paddlers....oops.


Next stop: Lincoln monument. Ohhhh...sassy (that's what I do best)



And here's an awkward pose, but check out the Capitol and the Washington Monument. Sweetness.


At the FDR memorial on Sunday morning, pre-conference. I am tuning in to the radio with this dude of a statue. (I also look like I am counseling him on his unemployment situation during the Great Depression).


Then we decided to get comfortable in Albert Einstein's lap with my new friend, Jenny. Raaar.


Oh and later that night I decided to go back to the National Mall area with the roommates. Hooray for the Cherry Blossom festival! Can you find Susie??


Then we walked around and took beauty shots. I think this one actually turned out well...so well that it's my facebook profile picture.


Another glamor shot...after walking 3 miles to the Jefferson Memorial. I am also in love with Jefferson. I am becoming BFF's with all of these former presidents' monuments. Can you see the blossoms??


And because the evening was so romantic, I just had to take a picture with some good-looking men...

"Engagement" picture #1 with Otso, He's Finnish. Mom, how would you feel if I married a European?

"Engagement" picture #2 with Steve, former BYU 177th ward member and four-square finalist (I won the four square tournament). Mom, how would you feel if I married an accountant? A very quirky one...

Oh there's magic in the air!

One last thought...the number of Mormons I ran into as I perused the Cherry Blossom festival this past week = 45.

I LOVE DC!

4 comments:

karla said...

I am so jealous of the cherry blossoms - how gorgeous! I also have to say that I knew Otso at BYU - he and I were in the same group one semester of Information Systems classes. Tell him hello from me if you see him again!

DiaNe said...

when you get engaged...make the picture saucier than standing side by side.

It looks absolutely gorgeous out there!

Kathryn said...

Hi!!!! What a great post. Loved the pictures. You look very svelte. I can't wait to see you!

Chrissie said...

Great pictures. And you look great with either one of those guys! Can't wait to see you!