I kind of feel bad that my last post was a downer...but I have never been one to hide my true feelings. So here are some pictures of the fun things I'm doing in the DC area as of late. Teaching continues to be a challenge, but when all is said and done, life is still crazy fun.
Over a week ago, my group went to Harper's Ferry and Gettysburg. If you don't know what happened at those historical places, you should find out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harper%27s_Ferry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gettysburg
Here's a view of Harper's Ferry. Cute historical town=breathtaking. My first time in West Virginia! State number 19 I believe.

Here I am with the Shenandoah river in the background. "Oh Shenandoah..."I sang the song in my head the whole time.

Meggie and I at Jefferson Rock. Supposedly Thomas Jefferson said that this view was one of the most beautiful in the U.S. I think we are the most beautiful sights you'll ever see...ok, I'm just fishing for compliments.

As we were gallivanting around the town we saw this dog stare at us through his own little window. Random. This would be real cute if I actually liked dogs; or animals in general.

While at one of the Harper's Ferry museums, I ran across this miniature classroom model. I couldn't resist taking a picture. I am such a teacher. My face looks a little strange.

Then we went to Gettysburg for a 2.5 hour car tour. It was fascinating, though I will readily admit that being in the car made me very tired (I did end up taking 4 naps the day we went to Harper's Ferry and Gettysburg...record breaking).
Here I am "studying" the Gettysburg map.

Here we are at one of the many Gettysburg memorials, North Carolina, I believe. This is for you, mom. Some of us were into it, the other lamos just stood there. I am ready to go into battle; so don't you worry about my preparation to defend my country.

I just thought this was a cool picture. This was taken on the grounds of one of the last battles.

Last Monday we went to a Georgetown basketball game with our FHE group. Here's Meggie and I with a Madrid fan...I have no idea why they passed these out.

Here we are in the bleachers. We were in the nosebleed section. The chairs were way comfy...so we could at least watch the Hoyas lose in style. Marisha, Wendy, Brooke (my mentor teacher; she came!), me, Colleen.

Here's the Verizon Center where they Hoyas and the Wizards play. Too bad either teams aren't doing too hot right now.

Oh and in case you're wondering if I really teach and really go to school, here's proof! Here I am in front of my classroom. It says, "Ms. Buerkle" in the background. But Brooke is kind enough to share her classroom with Colleen and I.

And in case you don't believe me with that picture, here's even more proof. Not only do I teach but I also go to PARENT-TEACHER conferences! Can you believe that I'm old enough to conduct those things? Yeah, I can't! Brooke, Colleen, your beloved.

And this is where it will have to end for now. There's more to say and more to do, but right now there's more to plan and more to prepare.
Peacin'.
3 comments:
I love these blogs saturated with pictures and documentation. You're looking more like a teacher every day! I think it's really neat that your cooperating teacher came to the game with you. Must mean she thinks you're great!
Susie! Umm we just really miss you at ISP...and we all look at your glorious blog. Looks like you are living it up and learning a lot. I totally have ice cream nights by myself (my husband is anti-sweets). Sometimes, okay a lot of times, a girl just really needs ice cream.
Have a great week!!
Loved all the pictures sweetie and the memories you are sharing. Keep them coming...
Post a Comment