1. Teaching is mentally, physically and emotionally exhausting.
2. My students are realizing that I'm not an assistant teacher, I am THE teacher and they have to mind what I say. Results? They resent me and refuse to do their work.
3. My weaknesses are exposed constantly. It seems like I can never do anything right.
4. I have so much on my mind: Teaching, planning, Teacher Work Sample, resume, applying for jobs, figuring out where I want to teach and settle, men, graduation, people's health problems, family, thinking about my students, figuring out my life after April and the list goes on...
5. I am trying to juggle a million things at once and it seems like I can never get everything done or do what I want to do.
6. I miss close friends and family who truly get me and see where I'm coming from. I miss people who appreciate the person I am.
7. I chose the hardest profession and now I have to live with the consequences.
And so with all of these feelings, I start to feel like my whole world is crashing down on me when in reality it isn't. I just feel like being over dramatic and so I am.
Therefore, I declare this night a night for ice cream. Though I cannot fix all of these frustrations I can at least wallow away in a carton of ice cream.
4 comments:
Oh Suz! I wish I was there to give you a big hug. I totally admire you for what you are doing. I think teaching is such a rewarding thing, although very hard. It is probably preparing you for parenthood (which is hard a lot of the time and sometimes there are only moments when you feel like you are really making a difference). I know you are doing a great job! Enjoy the ice cream. We all need some comfort once in a while.
CHEERS! I had ice cream last night, too. Kindred spirits.
Your blogpost spoke volumes to me. I have been there. I have felt how you feel. I came out victorious. And, Susie: If I can do it, there is not a doubt in my mind that you will do it, too...only with much more grace and wisdom.
Yes. Sometimes Ben and Jerry are all I need in life. Today, it was Larry's Cookies at the mall.
Susie, you rock my world. I get you and admire you and know you're gonna tear down da house. Things will sort themselves out. ANd if your students keep giving you guff, just send em my way. The rest will be taken care of.
Keep it up sis...when it's over for you, it'll be over for me and we can both rejoice together!!
Post a Comment