Today my cousin, Emilee, passed away from cancer. She has battled cancer for around 6 years. We knew that she would not live a long life, but the pain over her death is still there. Emilee is over 12 years older than me. She got married while I was young. I haven't spent a lot of time with her as life circumstances have been different. However, the sadness of her death still washes over me. With any death, I feel pain and despair. I can truly empathize with those that lose loved ones. At this time, I can't help but feel deep pain for her sons who are still young. This experience brings back memories of losing my father at the tender age of nine.
However, as Emilee has now passed on, I can't help but celebrate her life and remember her example.
Here's to Emilee who courageously fought cancer
Here's to Emilee who continued to live her life to the fullest
Here's to my cousin, Emilee, who has always been interested in my life's experiences
Here's to Emilee who excelled at so many things in life; school, piano, German, etc....
Here's to Emilee and her valiant testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and her desire to live it to the fullest.
I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation that allows me to remember that Jesus Christ has conquered death. Because of Him we will all live again. Because of Christ, we will see our loved ones again. I look forward to that time when I will be reunited with my dad, my grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends, and now Emilee.
I am glad that Emilee is no longer in pain. I am glad that she will be in the company of my father. He will take care of her as well as my Grandma and Grandpa Baer. She will not be alone. Nor will any of us; as heaven is nearer when someone departs. I have felt it.
I will miss you, Emilee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very sweet, Susie. Death seems to be your trial in life, as we've talked about before.
Post a Comment