We went to the beach yesterday at St. George Island in Florida. It's off the Gulf of Mexico and so beautiful. It was basically empty all day long so we practically had the beach all to ourselves.
After dinner last night we had some extra time so I took a walk down the coast. Having a lot of time to think, I have been contemplating my life in the present and what my life holds for me in the future.Honestly, I've been feeling a little down about some things. So my walk served many purposes. I haven't had much alone time, so it was a good time to reconnect with Heavenly Father and tell him what's on my mind.
During one thought process I explained to Heavenly Father that I felt very alone in my life. Without going into too many details, I asked Heavenly Father for a confirmation that He was aware of my life and that others do think of me. Right at that moment, I looked down and etched in the sand were my initials "SB" with a heart. Immediately I felt the Lord's love consume me and it brought me to tears. I have no idea how my initials happened to be in the sand, but it proved to me that He uses others to answer prayers.
I know that this sounds like a cliche Ensign story, but the tender mercies of the Lord were definitely revealed to me. I am so grateful for that manifestation that I am remembered even all the way out in Florida. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of me and is aware of all of us.
We are not ever alone, for He is constantly there to answer our prayers and show us His love.
8 comments:
thats an awesome story suz. see you soon...
That's a great experience! Did you take a picture?
Wow, He really is totally and completely aware of you at all times. Love you Susie :)
That's great...better than buttprints in the sand. But seriously...that is sooo cool. He does love you.
i love that... thanx for sharin' yo
Wow that is amazing! I totally know how you feel. Isn't it great when those tender mercies happen? I can't wait to hear all your stories about DC. I'll be there next winter!
i love you, suz!
Thanks for telling your inspiring story! Love you!
Post a Comment