
Well with my last week of class coming up, I am becoming very nostalgic. When finals end on December 18th, that will be it for me. Yes, I have student teaching in DC where I will still be a BYU student but no longer will I be on BYU campus taking classes.
It's so funny because as I walk on campus now, I take it in. I look at the mountains and revel over their beauty. I see the library as not so much of a prison, but as a place to learn and a place to run into a million of my friends. I bask in the cheerful atmosphere of the ISP office (that's one of the places that I work). I walk past memorable spots on campus: the HFAC, the family statue, the JFSB, the MARB, and all of the other buildings where I have had class over the last five years.
I see the fresh RM's pounding the backs of their long-lost trainer who they greet in the middle of a crowded pathway.
I see the medieval club members (also known as the Quills and Swords) donning their dresses, tights, and wooden swords while singing to some mandolin.
I see signs and advertisements for the forums, devotionals, preference, and all the free activities on campus.
I see boys flirting with girls--a little too noisily--in the periodicals of the library.
I see old roommates, home teachers, acquaintances from class, mission peeps and friends on campus.
I see students flooding to BYU football games in their "true blue" apparel.
I see students carrying scriptures while talking about the latest General Conference and its amazingness.
I see freshman playing fugitive on campus; annoying all of the upper class-man.
I see change in myself over the last five years of my BYU experience.
And all these memories wash over me.
Although the changes are necessary and good for more reasons than one, I can't help but be a little nostalgic.
I will miss you, BYU.
3 comments:
You can be nostalgic, for sure! BYU is a big part of your life. But I'm telling you, just wait until your life really takes off. (Not like mine really has, yet, but it's been neat to see my life take flight).
Daaaaah!
BYU is a good place. Nothing quite like it. I can't believe you only have a week left there. Washington DC here you come!
Post a Comment