Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We are the CHAMPIONS, my friends

So I have been on many intramural teams over my BYU career. Freshman year I think I was even on a wallyball team...don't even ask me what that is. Most of the teams I've been on have mostly been soccer and basketball. These teams have not been good...usually we've lost almost every game. This semester one of my friends from my old ward asked me to be on a coed intramural basketball team. I reluctantly agreed, thinking that I could at least get some exercise.

So even though I only went to 1.5 games of the entire season, I happened to go to the game that counted; the championship. One of the girls on our team played for Dixie State College so with her making the majority of the points and me chipping in my own 5 points, we won the game. (A lot of others participated too, I shouldn't really take any credit for our win).

And after five years of BYU I have the most coveted t-shirt of all.

The BYU Intramural Championship T-shirt.

I know people who would do anything to have this shirt. I know people who have busted their intramural butts trying to acquire this rare commodity. And now I have it and they don't.

Haha.

5 comments:

DiaNe said...

intramural butts, HA!

I am so proud of you!

linda said...

Way to go my little competitor!

Nancy said...

wow. You have THE shirt! Way to go!

Baerman said...

I'm jealous...I should have done more intermurals...I will take that shirt from you in December...when it is sitting in a clean pile of folded laundry of course (I'd hate to do my own unnecessary laundering of the coveted shirt)

john said...

I have that shirt from my freshman year. I still wear it (yes, it still fits 12 years later - little tight though).