Has anyone ever read the classic, Anna Karenina? Being a non-reader, this book has completely rocked my world (in a good way). It has allowed me to see and think about relationships from a completely different perspective; relationships based on passion and lust vs. prosaic relationships. I have been overwhelmed with how much I can see myself in the various characters of the book. Am I a crazy, clingy, love starved Anna? Do I doubt myself like Levin? Do I get jealous like Kitty? Do I want to take people away from their core values and connections like Vronsky? Kind of scary, but it has definitely caused me to reflect on my relationships with those I love and it gives me the motivation to act differently and to be secure in my own self.
To those of you who haven't read it, this is all just a bunch of random ramblings. But has anyone else read it and want to share their thoughts? Does anyone even read my blog? Oh well. If you're in the mood for an 800+ page classic, Anna Karenina won't let you down! Read it!

1 comment:
I read it several years ago and loved it. A lot of the story and lessons have escaped me, but I too give it two thumbs up!
Post a Comment