Monday, January 14, 2013

Are you down with Downton?

You know, sometimes I really don't like to get into the popular TV fads. In fact, I am really not much of a TV watcher at all. But with winter time upon us, who wouldn't want to cozy in with some Downton Abbey? It involves history, fashion, drama, love, and England! Seriously, it's my happy place!

With the drama of Matthew and Mary, the antics of O'Brien and Thomas, the criminal case of Mr. Bates, and my ongoing empathy for poor Edith (did you see last night's episode? :/) it's a wondrous Sunday evening event. I can't get enough of it right now as I am re-watching the 1st and 2nd seasons. This is a great way to pass the winter doldrums. 

So, I'm on the Downton bandwagon. Are you? And yes, I even entered to win a free trip to England on the pbs website. I'll be sure to tell you if I get it! (which is a 1 in a million chance, but you never know).

ps. If you're a real nerd like me, check out this link to a fake facebook page someone made up based on the season 3 premier. Pretty clever, I'd say!



1 comment:

linda said...

Loved the Facebook pages. So funny. Yes, I've become a Downton Abbey fan too.