I have never considered myself an artistic person at all. I can barely draw anything. I can't make up some crazy harmonies on the spot either. I'm not that musical. I can't even sew a button very well (Mom, don't cringe). I'm just not that crafty. I'm super traditional with cooking and kind of stick with the same tried and true meals. I'm just not that domestic.
Get the picture? Creativity--at least in those areas--has really never been my thing.
But, I am creative in my own unique way and I make masterpieces every night. They may not translate into fancy recipes, incredible sewing projects, or any other home decor projects. But heck, I can make a lesson plan. And let me tell you--I do it every.single.night. Bleh.
I put in A LOT of time crafting and revising my work for my students. With my student population, lessons have to be super structured. So my power points and my hand outs are just that--structured and clear.
I know it's kind of hard to see, but here are just 2 examples. I just created a handout that encompasses our box making simulation and how it ties into the documentary we'll be watching about the Civil War. If you want to know how industry shaped the outcome of the Civil War, just shoot me an email and you can do the assignment yourself!
Oh and if you would also like to refute my statement of studying the African kingdoms like Ghana, Songhai, and Mali, feel free to do so. Kids come in every day to do their "Do Now" in my class. I love pictures. Lots of my students liked this one from today!
So I may not be able to sew a Halloween costume or take an artsy photograph of your child, but people--I can make awesome lesson plans. Ah-ha!
I am so masterful with these masterpieces (it's kind of pathetic!)
Magnifique!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I was a teaching major for years, and lesson plans are WAAAAAY harder than any domestic project. WAY harder.
But you are so talented at what you do. You can always learn to sew on buttons.
Post a Comment