Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Go with the flow

So a little over a month ago I posted about how this school year is going to be, and I quote, "Cuh-razy." Well, the update is that is hasn't really slowed down at all. Honestly, I feel like I am working way harder than I did last year. I work for a long time at school, I come home, breathe, and work some more. It's exhausting.

My mantra lately is to go with the flow. Me, who likes control, organization, plans, a schedule, and a "heads up" is learning how to chill,  to stop "doin' too much, " relax, put it in a bubble and blow it away, lighten the reigns, and to simply "Go with the flow."

My students want structure and so do I, but this year with my crazy floating schedule, room maintenance issues (don't even get me started), and surplus of students just reminds me that I need to just chill out. That things will work out. That it's not worth having a meltdown or a heart attack or major anxiety. I tell my students this too, go with the flow.

The reality is such that life is still crazy, busy, hard, and unexpected, but going with the flow as of late has saved me from several tantrums.

Life is continuing forward. I am teaching. I am trying. I am developing relationships. And according to my administrators I am pretty dang good. That helps, too.

Ready, set, go...with the flow (I am SO clever! :)


1 comment:

Julie with sticktoitkids.com said...

You are so clever, Miss Baer.

Stop doing too much! (think accent)

Love you!! You can do it!