Sunday, September 9, 2012

This year is going to be Cuh-razy!

2 weeks of school year 2012-2013 down, many more to go.

Reasons why this year is going to be cuh-razy (aka nutso!)

  • I share a room and "float" into another. Meaning, I don't have my own space completely. At least I have my own desk in one of the rooms. This makes the day that much harder as I have to keep 2 rooms organized; not just one. I am already losing my mind...and all of my materials.
  • I am the 9th grade SGA advisor (student government). Homecoming is coming up and so much needs to happen to prepare; after school hours and weekends. 
  • I am taking a practicum course for my Inspired Teaching Institute (see July blog post) and therefore will have several nights/month that I will be in class. Yes, I get grad credit for it
  • So many social things/trips coming up this fall. Obviously, I will have to be choosy about my social events, but many opportunities to do things with people. 
  • My classes are HUGE and I have 150 students; plus I don't have a TA and I am refusing another student teacher = way more work for me to grade. Blah. 
  • I want to go to Grad School next fall, which means applications and possibly the GRE.
It's going to be crazy one; pray for me!!

2 comments:

Julie with sticktoitkids.com said...

I will pray for you, Oscar!

Adriana said...

You can do it! But remember to enjoy the school year and think of the differences you make in the students' lifes...