Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dad's Advice: Leave it in the Lord's hands



On Father's Day I am thinking of my wonderful father and his precious pearls of wisdom. How grateful I am that he left so many writings behind so that I can study them. As I encounter trials and difficult moments in my life I think, "What would Dad tell me?"

Here's a keeper:

"Someone is being prepared for you at this moment. So leave it in the Lord's hands to bring about; and trust in Him for a happy outcome. I can say these things with confidence, because I feared that no one would want me, wiped out as I was, and am by polio. But I trusted in the promises of the Lord, through his patriarch, and I prepared myself. And he blessed me with your mother, and with you children. 'Happy Day! All is well!"

Thanks, Dad. Truly, you are an example of faith and fortitude. I hope I can be as faithful as you. I love you. I miss you.


2 comments:

linda said...

What a cute couple. We were so blessed to have been able to have you children. He loved you dearly.

Julie with sticktoitkids.com said...

That is a keeper! What a blessing it is to have his writings...that's why I try to keep up my blog. Miss Patsy too!!!