Regardless, here I go in telling you the latest, lamest and greatest. Sorry if it's blah.
The Latest:
- I have 4 weeks of school left. Yes, it's still that much longer. Maybe this should go into the lamest category?
- I have been spending most of my evenings grading and lesson planning, so not much of a social life for me. Again, maybe this should be in the lamest.
- I went salsa dancing last week in DC. It was a lot of fun to make up steps and dance with old Latino men.
- Institute is crazy busy. We have a big event Tuesday night to kick off our summer semester and my friend and I made up a game for it using old school seminary movies. Hope it will be fun!
- We have a new chapel that is only 5 minutes away from where I live. Awesome. It will serve 3 of the singles ward in this area. Happy to save on gas.
- I am running a lot and eating a lot of salads and skinny cow ice cream.
The Lamest:
- I was sick last weekend which meant that I had to drop out last minute from my Ragnar race in NY. It was such a bummer cause I had been training for it and was mentally prepared. But I am feeling better and I am glad I had the extra time to recuperate.
- My students are doing a research paper right now. Note to self: NEVER assign a research paper 4th quarter. I am now grading 125 papers and I have absolutely NO motivation to do it and neither do they! lame.
- I am totally stressed out. Which never does anyone any good. And I still have 4 weeks of this craziness.
- Church is at 3pm. Lame. But I am sure I will get used to it...
- Pirates 4. Don't see it. Save your money.
- Today's weather has been phenomenal! So sunny and warm. The trees and flowers are in full bloom and I am loving life with nice weather.
- Duck Beach is next weekend. Duck Beach is like LDS spring break down in NC. My friends and I have planned a house with 35 people and I am excited for some socializing, volleyball, and the beach. Awesome.
- I am visiting one of the Mayan ruins in Guatemala this summer!
- I really like my hair right now.
- I have lost 20 pounds. 20 more to go!
- Road tripping it to Florida after school is out. Woot.
- My broken heart has mostly been patched up...it feels good to be whole again.
- God's forthcoming miracles. I can feel em' coming...
- Making dinner and eating with my roommate, Heidi. She has been one of my best confidantes lately.
- My girl friends. There are so many good women out here. I am so blessed.
1 comment:
Making up dances with old latino men--I love the mental picture that conjures. Makes me laugh.
I hope those 4 weeks of school go by fast for you. When do you leave for Guatemala?
And lastly...20 pounds! Holy moly skinny minny. That's impressive.
Post a Comment