Saturday, April 9, 2011

What becomes of the broken hearted?

Have any of you ever suffered from a broken heart?

I hear a unison "yes" coming on...

I have only felt it a few times in my life, in varying ways with varying circumstances, but it's not fun. You feel empty. You feel incomplete. You feel a deep burden of something you can't control. You feel like everything you try to do to be happy still is not real happiness and you find yourself faking it till you make it.

I am in that fake mode right now. Remaining optimistic about life, yet feeling like I don't know how things will ever work out and how I will ever be truly happy. You wonder why the Lord can't just make the broken heart go away even though you pray mightily for it every night.

So my question to all of you is: What becomes of the broken hearted? How have you overcome your broken heart(s)? Mine still feels like it's shattered to pieces, but I know that they will be put together again and that my heart will be whole. Is it just a matter of time?

Thoughts?

3 comments:

McKayJoice said...

Oh Baer, I sit in my room half way across the country and feel your pain. My heart has been crushed quite a few times, sometimes taking years to repair. I feel like each time it should get easyer, but it seems like it breaks in new places. Teaching me diffrent things, making me stonger one way or the other.

The ones you love having such faith in you. "you'll find him!" "when the time is right!" . . but it still sucks, creating a life with out him.

Anywho, I know how you feel, and I have no advice, wish I did.
If we are both 60 and unmarried I'll move out east and we could get adjacent apartments and share a cat. That could be true happiness? right?

Marc and Ashley said...

I have found the best thing to do is find a friend's shoulder to cry on (sound like a familiar job?) and then go shopping to find an outfit that makes my butt look awesome, my waist look small, and whatever else makes me feel prettier than ever. And then I get some other girls together who are equally beautiful and we paint the town red. Remember those nights?

Brooke said...

Susie!
Okay,
1. I just added your blog to my blog list and look forward to your updates :)
2. I know and feel your pain. I think that time heals the pain, but until then being busy can really help. Join a book club or read a good book (I have lots of good suggestions). Go on a trip or start planning one. Set some exercise goals, go shopping, and go see good movies. I think it is the worst feeling, but feeling like you are growing and making yourself better seems to help.

Hope you are doing well, despite the broken-heart.

Love,
Brooke