10 Signs that boys are just NOT that into me:
- They talk about themselves...A LOT. Their problems, their issues, their frustrations with life and I am their therapist. grrreat.
- Gentleman-like behavior goes out the window when I'm around them. Ok, maybe it's not that bad, but you could still open my door for me, right?
- Their compliments consist of: You rock, you are awesome, you are fun. Can we be more vague???
- We hug and there's almost a Book of Mormon between us. Wait, are we 14 again?
- When we do talk about my life, they suddenly become preoccupied with the last discussion that just passed...which was about them. So somehow my life in DC reminds them of their 20something mid-life crisis.
- When broaching the subject of friends making the best kind of girlfriends (and potential wives), they shake their head with..."but my friends just aren't cute enough for me to be attracted to them."
- They want to do something with me but they are totally content with doing the least amount of work. So suddenly, I am the one driving 30 minutes to see them.
- They text me every 2 months and want to hang out. Sure, they may pay for our catch up dinner, but where were they the 2 months that I did not hear from them? Can I say lame?
- They have to be reminded of important dates, people, issues and accomplishments in my life. "Oh yah, how did that turn out Suz? I totally forgot about that" becomes the regular question of the evening.
- They are not consistent. Period. They may think I'm great, but when we face the hard core truth people: He is just not that into me.
Am I missing any other signs?
Why do I subject myself to this treatment? I think it's time for another purge...
3 comments:
Love this! Its so clear, yet so foggy when you are the one in the situation. Your mind only sees the good things they do and makes up all these silly excuses for any of the bad things.
I've decided that I am looking for consistency. I only want someone that is consistently good to me!
One day...
Don't forget about NC(M)MO!
you hit the nail on the head, Susie Q! When it's right (and believe me when I say my experience with this is minimal) it takes no effort on your part. Until then, cut yourself off from being treated any less than the DIVA you are!
Post a Comment