Saturday, February 12, 2011

Success #2: Field Trip with Freshman



Here's success #2 of the week. I organized a field trip to a few of the Smithsonian museums with 60 of my students and 4 teachers, plus 2 parent chaperones. We managed to have a fun-filled day at the Library of Congress, the Natural History Museum, and the Air and Space Museum. The kids were troopers and enjoyed themselves. The best part was seeing the Early Americas Exhibit and having them recall all the information we studied in class. Every time they answered the question correctly, I shouted "Yes, I taught you something!" in my head. Such a great feeling. Definitely a successful day to be teaching in DC.

Yay me. Yay them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

McKayJoice said...

This is so awesome, to think of you running around teaching kids and they love you and are learning.

You would be a riot of a teacher, if I ever re-do high school I'm coming out there.