Sunday, October 10, 2010

I left my legs on the trail, but I finished the dang thing.

Yes, I conquered the "dang thing" aka the half marathon. The reason for the almost-expletive is because this half-marathon sure was difficult. I am still feeling the effects of it. It was a tough go. I wanted to pass out by mile 9, but I stuck it out and finished the "dang thing" (yes, thirteen miles of it). I can now cross this off of the "things I should do in my lifetime" list.

Here we are road tripping it up with the girls.

Before the race strutting my stuff...ok, my back.

Pre-race optimism.

"We can do it." Rosie the Riveter wanna-be's. You like how I threw in some history for ya?

Ryan, our "Dad" and "husband" of the trip. He came to cheer us on and take care of us. Thanks Ry Ry...

Just minutes before the race began.


And we're off. Can you find me?

Here I am at 4 miles or so...

About to collapse over the finish line...13 miles later.

Exhaustion set in. Can you blame us?

A little more awake...showing off our medals.

Ryan was pooped. After taking care of us, chauffeuring us, and being our go-to man, he deserved a rest too...but at the same time, WE were the ones that ran THIRTEEN miles.

And just looking at Ryan makes me want to lay in bed all day. Good thing I have no school tomorrow.

So for now I have accomplished the half marathon and am I crazy to admit that I may do another one again in November??? I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

DiaNe said...

still so proud of you!

Joanna said...

That's amazing Susie. I'm impressed. Way to endure through the whole thing.