Saturday, July 10, 2010

line-Upon-line

About 6 months ago, I decided to perform an experiment in my life. No, nothing scientific has been involved (Ha, me scientific? Yah right). Basically this experiment meant that I would have to change some habits and traits that are very familiar and comfortable to me.

It has been a challenge changing some of my normal patters to doing something that is "so not me." As a result of this experiment, I have been hoping and praying that certain things would begin happening. I exercised faith by fasting, praying, attending the temple, and studying the scriptures. Heck, I even recruited some of my family members and close friends to pray for me.

6 months later...I am still not receiving the fruits of my labors (that I have specifically hoped for). It has been a little heart breaking as I have strived so hard to change and to be better. However, what I have gained so far from this experiment is that the Lord truly does work with us. One.piece.at.a.time.


Yah, it can be annoying, when I look at it through my natural eyes. But overall I have seen an increase in revelation. 6 months ago, the Lord gave me specific instructions. 3 months later he was giving me more instructions to add. And now, one week later, he is giving me more instructions to add on to my experiment. All of these are building blocks to aid me in these results. When will they come about? I wish I could say soon, real soon. But I have no idea.

Yet, I do know that Heavenly Father is proud of me and my efforts to do something so un-Susie-like. I also know that my experiment will work as I stay close to the spirit. The results aren't coming all at once, but line-by-line I am feeling happier and more content.

So, if I can stand on my soap box for a second (remember, this is more for my sake than yours), just remember: Answers won't always come all at once, but they do come line upon line and precept upon precept. Eventually those lines will add up to a great big picture. I am excited to see my big picture someday.

Onward with the experiment!

No comments: