Every morning when I wake up at 6am, I chant to myself "I can do this!" This meaning, teach inner city high school kids.
I will be honest with ya'll this teaching thing has been the hardest thing I have ever done. But somehow I get through it each day, taking the good and the bad in, learning from it, then trying to do better the next day.
So if you're ever having a day when you wake up and you are unsure if you can do it (it being whatever you have to do), just chant to yourself, "I can do this!" And for that day you will be tricked that you can.
And if all else fails, just be grateful that you don't have to teach juniors in high school that America won the Revolutionary War. Cause I found out today that some kids don't know that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My brain can't process the fact that someone didn't know that we won the Revolutionary War.... I think my brain just died a little!
yeah i'm pretty sure i was one of those students who had to think twice about who won the revolutionary war. which is why i was grateful for patient teachers who explained it to me. and then i got it. phew! so go susie. someone's gotta teach em the ropes!
you CAN do this...your kids on the other hand...maybe not. :)
Post a Comment