And it happened. It all started with an early morning run with my friends, Lindsay, Trent, and Lee. We ran to the Air Force Memorial and then to the 9/11 memorial at the Pentagon.
Side note: l love that on our runs our conversations go like: "hey, so should we run to the Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington, WW2, Capitol, FDR, MLK, Air Force, or Pentagon memorials today?" You know you're in DC when…
Anywho, back to the schedule. The jog was beautiful. Afterwards, we headed to the country--which by the way is like an hour away from DC, which ain't bad. Here is one of the views below. It doesn't even do any justice. The greatest thing is that we were rocking out to Motab's Spirit of America album while driving down these country roads. It was exhilarating.
Oh, and have I mentioned that the weather was 80 degrees with NO HUMIDITY???!!!! Wow. My mind was blown. The heavens were in our favor that day!
After enjoying a scenic drive, we hung out at my friend's parent's house in this country estate, I mean, it was amazing. No pictures shown but we swam, went four wheeling, watched the World Cup in the theater room, laid out by the pool, made synchronized swimming videos, ate watermelon and apple pie and enjoyed the day in the country where we couldn't even see another house. How much more American can you be?!
Later we had a BBQ at another friend's house. Delicious burgers--with guacamole. Yum. Great conversations all around too.
Oh and the day gets better, people. We went on a bike ride to the Jefferson Memorial, hung out in the 80 degree NO HUMIDITY weather, took some patriotic pics--see below--and chatted the night away while we waited for the fireworks.
Oh and don't worry, the fireworks over the tidal basin were spectacular. This pic doesn't even do justice. I love America. I love DC too.
We even got some awkward pics in there too. Jeff loved all of the attention he got from us ladies. I swear, men have it so good out here.
And lets not forget my partner in crime, Lindsay who was my wing-woman the entire day. I love this girl to pieces! Do you like my patriotic outfit, btw?
The day ended with some fro yo. I was pretty exhausted by midnight but I went to bed with so much joy in my heart. I love DC and I love the 4th of July. God bless America. It was the perfect 4th!





No comments:
Post a Comment