It has been 7 years since I have graced the great province of Ontario. This place is holy ground for me as it was the place that I served and lived for 1.5 years as an LDS missionary. It was so great to be back in my old "hood" and see people who meant so much to me at the time. After my time in Quebec, I hopped a plane to Toronto and rented a car and for 3.5 days drove from area to area to renew old acquaintances and smell the nostalgia that Ontario holds for me.
 |
| Beautiful Toronto. I actually didn't spend any time in this city besides a drive through it. Next time! |
GET READY FOR A LOT OF SELFIES!
 |
| Nathan and Nicole. 2 people I knew from 2 different areas who are now married. Small world. |
 |
| Nicole. One of our go-to members who went on a lot of splits with us and continues to be so passionate about her testimony of the Gospel |
 |
| Heather. My bosom member-mssionary. She and I are kindred spirits separated by a 10 hour drive. |
 |
| Georgette. Solid testimony of the Gospel and loved us missionaries! |
 |
| Angela. Member-missionary extraordinaire. Always took care of us and continues to bless the lives of others. |
 |
| A totem pole in Ontario! |
 |
| John and Darlene. He was one of the Bishops I served under and they have this charming home in the country. |
 |
| Adri! DC friend who is now married to a Canadian. |
 |
| Had to get a picture in front of the temple. |
 |
| Katie. I trained her on the mission and she is now a mother of 3! |
 |
| Jen--wonderful YSA who always loved us! |
 |
| Paul. Former ward missionary who blessed our lives tremendously because of his faith and dedication to his calling. |
 |
| Sylvie. We worked with her for months and she always made us laugh and fed us lots of food. |
Oh and then I took a trip to Buffalo...
 |
| And visited the Teddy Roosevelt Inaugural site. |
 |
| So glad I had Allison to play hostess while I had my 24 hour stint in Buffalo. |
Wow. What a wonderful trip. Incredibly exhausting but so rewarding to see all of these lovely people and to remember their influence in my life. I said it a lot then and I still feel it now...
I AM SO GLAD I SERVED AN LDS MISSION!
No comments:
Post a Comment