Wednesday, July 18, 2012

So, what are you doing this summer?


A lot of people have been asking me "What are you doing this summer?" and "Why are you still here????" It has definitely been the topic of conversation for almost every single's gathering. This summer has been different than the last 2 in that I haven't ran off on some cross-country trip  immediately. I have been kicking it in DC; participating in a bunch of teacher trainings to help me incorporate some new tools for next year...nerdy? Sure.

Yes, I have finally accepted the fact that I LOVE learning and talking about teaching. Here are some examples of what we're doing. And if you're thinking that we all look like we're in some type of summer camp, you're right! It's basically like camp for teachers and it's literally go-go-go! Or you could say we just look crazy.

Learning how to find the circumference/diameter of a circle using shapes and other measuring tools. Can you spot me??
 
In the middle of our solids-liquids-gas dance that we created as a group.

Debriefing is like our best friend.

Playing awkward games that get us our of our comfort zone is the norm.

We created info sheets about ourselves. Can you find mine??

This was part of our solid's dance move. See above. And the amazing thing? I still remember the 3 stages!
So, yes, this summer has actually been quite busy. I am feeling inspired for next school year too. Next up? Vacation in the west. Can't wait!

No comments: