Saturday, November 13, 2010

Having a Ball in Boston

Yep, so I went to Boston. Just because. My friend, Ashley and I ventured out to Beantown, visited my ole' buddy Andrea, and basically had a ball.

First Stop: Dunkin' Donuts. I have never seen so many in my life within one square mile of eachother. Dunkin' Donuts in Boston is as the LDS chapel in Utah County.

We first headed to Salem. As a history teacher, a historical site is a MUST. However, the Pioneer village was closed. Lame sauce.

I took some pics from the outside...

And we saw this creepy bird. It fit into the scene so well.

Beautiful Fall.

Fashion show.



Old friends from London. Andrea is basically the bomb.com

We found this slide/sled thing...not sure what it was. Getting this picture was miraculous.

Park fun.

Salem happenings. A lot of witch stuff going on, of course.


A creepo manikin

The best picture I got in Boston by far. Show off your stuff, Ash.

I took a tour of this place and got my 30 minute history lesson. So fascinating.

We saw a reenactment of the Salem Witch Trials and visited the Dungeons.

New England clam chowder. AMAZING.

We then headed to Harvard and walked around. Pictures didn't come out too well.

The Charles River (?)...

Post-church...
...with strange expressions.

Freedom Trail happenings.

Speaks for itself.




Narrowest house in Boston.


Hi-five Paul Revere.

And one more time...


Boston Massacre site.

And yes, we bought Harvard t-shirts. Now I can tell people that I bought a really expensive shirt at Harvard. It's a lot cheaper than tuition.


Fun times in Boston, yet, I will admit it: DC is the best.

4 comments:

Julie with sticktoitkids.com said...

Susie - you are so funny! You take the BEST pictures!! I was laughing so hard at the high five with Paul Revere and the Cheers and kissing the manequin and on and on and on. Gorgeous colors and what fun times! Loved the one of you the gallows (or whatever it's called). Your expression is hysterical. Thanks for the laughs...can't wait until 12/19!!!

linda said...

Loved the pictures. Brought back some memories of when I was there, both in Salem and Boston.

Sarah Johnson said...

love beantown! woot! and nice pics. glad you made it to salem too.... fun history fact: rebecca nurse (if you don't know who she is, look it up, for your next history lesson) was my great great great X10 grandma. creepy, huh?? but seriously, loved the walk down memory lane!!

DiaNe said...

I really love Boston! I wish we had time to do the whole freedom trail (that's right...even an English teacher can enjoy some history every now and then). Looks like you had a blast. And you look fantastic!