I have missed my blogging terribly but it has been due to my three week EFY marathon here in Logan, Utah.
I am now done with EFY for the summer. Pictures will come soon by the way.
I can't begin to describe my feelings about this job I have had for just 5 short weeks this summer.
I have been sleep deprived and I have worn really ugly polos but I can't deny that this was the right thing for me to do. I feel like I just served 5 mini missions as each week brought different trials, joys and experiences.
I have taught the Gospel, seen change in the youth I have known for only 5 days at a time, cried during the EFY medley, rejoiced in hearing pure testimonies being borne, felt the spirit during devotionals, learned a great deal about relationships with my "co-co-ships" (aka my co-counselors), and last but not least, perfected the EFY peanut butter and jelly dance. Okay, that last one does not remind me of my mission.
I am so grateful I was able to do this for the summer. I have wanted to be a counselor since I was an EFY participant at 14. My dreams finally came true ten years later at 24. I am such a nerd. I know that's what you're all thinking.
What a glorious learning experience!
Now I know with a greater surety that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Now I know with a greater surety that it is vital that I meet and marry the right person. Holy cow, some of these co-counselors and I would have a hard time being married (although I still love them dearly!). Now I know with a greater surety that Jesus Christ and His atonement is the means where we can change and become better individuals in all aspects of life. Now I know with a greater surety that I love teaching and that I always want to be involved with the youth of the church or out of the church. Now I know with a greater surety that getting more than 6 hours of sleep every night is vital to my general well being.
And I will even admit that I am starting to like Miley Cyrus...ahh...what has EFY done to me?
Next up, D.C.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
EFY is my new favorite place if it has helped persuade you to love Miley. She is amazing.
Post a Comment