Monday, August 5, 2013

Pittsburgh ain't the pits after all...

Who wants to go to Pittsburgh? Well I sure didn't...but there's something called being spontaneous...something that I'm not super good at because I  like to mentally prepare myself for trips. Any who, I called on one of my favorite pals, S-dog and we rocked a road trip pretty last minute; first to Falling water in PA, which is a fancy house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Cool house and beautiful venue, but I'm way more interested in historical homes, just my taste.

Then we decided to go to Pittsburgh. After seeing a Pirates game, we chilled at the hotel and the next morning we went on a tram up Mt. Washington, and then headed to a market where I ate some perogies. It was grand. And we were on our own schedule and felt like we could do as much or as little as we wanted. Just how I like it. So then we left...

The biggest realization? Well, Pittsburgh is super pretty. I was surprised. But hey, what other assumption do you make when it's a steel town...?




S-dog and I

Pirates stadium. Look at that view!

Another great view of the city from Mt. Washington. I'm squinting.


Perogies! Brought me back to my time in Canada!

No comments: